Prospective Puppy Family QuestionnairePlease do not be offended by these questions, I don't mean to be intrusive but I want to help you pick the best matched puppy for you. In order to do that, I need to know as much as possible about you & your situation. There are no wrong answers!
- How did you hear about East Tennessee Dingos?
- What/how do you know about Carolina Dogs? Please explain any experience with them that you have.
- Have you owned any dogs before?
- Do you own a dog(s) now? What breed/type? How many? Are your dog(s) good with other dogs or territorial and may need work for the addition of a new dog to the family?
- What other types of animals do you have?(cats, birds, snakes, horses, etc) How much access will your CD have to them? Are these pets familiar with interacting with other dogs?
- How many people are in your household? Elderly? Children? If in the future, you have children or elderly parents to care for, how will you deal with the transition? Are your children familiar with appropriate ways to approach & play with a dog or puppy?
- What is your housing situation? Apartment, Urban/city house, Suburban, Farm? If you rent, are you allowed to have a dog that may exceed 35 lbs? What containment situation for you have in place to keep the puppy safe & secure? (leash only, fenced yard, large farmland, etc)
- Who will be responsible for taking care of/ training the puppy?
- Will someone be home during the day with your puppy? What arrangements can you make for care while you are at work or away?
- Where will your puppy/dog sleep? Are you familiar with Crate Training? Are you willing to crate train your puppy/dog?
- Why do you want a NATURALLY REARED Carolina Dog/American Dingo?
- Are you familiar with NR (Natural Rearing) practices?
- How familiar are you with Holistic veterinary care?
- Do you have an established Vet or one in mind? Are they open to NR practices or willing to let you decide what is best for Your dog? Have you researched Holistic Vets or Naturopaths in your area?
- What do you know about feeding a Species Appropriate Raw Diet? Are you open/willing to learn about this & try it for the maximum health of your CD?
- Are you aware that the American Animal Hospital Association has recommended a reduced vaccine protocol? Are you willing to NOT vaccinate every year, even if your Vet is unaware of or resistant to the protocol changes or resistant to your wishes?
- Carolina Dogs have been known to live to 16 or more years old, are you prepared to provide a "lifetime" home for your CD?
- What types of activities do you enjoy or want to do with your new puppy? Carolina Dogs are versatile! ( pet-assisted therapy; competitions such as agility, weight pull, lure coursing; conformation shows; athletics such as jogging, hiking, biking, hunting; brain-work such as nose work, tracking, detection; or more common pursuits such as neighborhood walks, playing with the children or couch potato.)
- Do you prefer a Male or Female or do not care?
- Do you prefer a specific color/ coat type? My Carolina Dogs do have diverse genetic backgrounds(they have not been inbred for specific color or other traits) and have provided us with a variety of color/patterns ( red, cream, cream with spots) and coat types (traditional short/medium-short and a longer "soft coat") within the known possibilities for Carolina Dogs. Are you flexible on the color/coat type?
- Is there anything else you want me to know about you? Please feel free to attach pictures!
- So we can stay in touch throughout this process, Please provide me with your full name, address, phone #, email & website/facebook (if you have one:). Thanks:)-
*I look forward to this endeavor of puppy raising and also to communicating with & meeting the prospective puppy families! If you have any questions, please feel free to call me, email me or message me on face-book. Thank you(^^>