This is a post via a wonderful volunteer at the shelter where Romeo & Juliet were brought in. We need help getting them to Dr Brisbin in South Carolina for his evaluation & study, as he is facing double knee replacement surgery and may not be able to drive himself there to pick up the pair. He is very excited about this pair, the ramifications of finding CDs in Louisiana and finding a cream & a red together(suggests possibly a larger pack -genetics- or broader range or migration than previously thought).
This is American History in the making, Carolina Dogs are possibly the United States' only aboriginal dog. Furthering Dr Brisbin's study can only help finding more about the Carolina Dog, and thus Early American Peoples. Please Chip In or volunteer to drive a leg if you are on the route! If you need more information, please send me an email asap & I can put you in touch with the right people.
CHIP IN FOR RESCUE AND VET CARE OF ROMEO AND JULIET:
click on link above for easy options.
"Romeo and Juliet are two wild, mated pair of Carolina Dogs that was picked up by Animal Control and is in our shelter in Port Allen, LA. Dr. Lehr Brisbin is wanting to bring these dogs up to South Carolina to his place. He is very excited about them and what this could mean to his studies and the fact that there has been no validated pockets of CD's coming from Louisiana.
Dr. Brisbin was planning on driving to get them himself but now because of knee surgery, it is looking like we are going to have to arrange transport, which we are going to need help with. Also Juliet's eyes are getting worse and she needs vet care. Our shelter is a very small shelter, with no in house vet so everything extra that is done for these animals comes from donations. If you could PLEASE help in any way we would APPRECIATE it. It is a 12 hour drive from Baton Rouge, LA to Akin, SC. If anyone would be able to PERSONALLY DRIVE any of these legs that would be appreciated.
Dr. Brisbin has said that anyone helping transport these dogs to him would be first in line for a free registered puppy. iIt wouldn't be so hard on one person if we could break this up. I would like to collect enough money to help with mileage and any vet care for these dogs. They may also need to be temporarily boarded as our shelter is in danger of becoming full because of hurricane evacuees animals that we are forced to take in. We have jumped through hoops getting these dogs approved for this trip to Dr. Brisbin, now we are just asking for help getting them there...thank you."
- Applicants Read Before Applying
- Puppy Application
- About Susan & Nature's Way Carolina Dogs
- Naturally Rearing Puppies, Conception to 8 Weeks of Age
- 8 Laws of Health and Natural Rearing
- Healthy Wild - Carolina Dogs as God Intended
- LINKS PAGE for Carolina Dogs and Natural Rearing Topics
- Switching Your Kibble-Fed Dog Over to a Healthy Raw Diet
About Nature's Way Carolina Dogs
- Susan Lewelling, Nature's Way Carolina Dogs
- Seymour, Tennessee, United States
- Welcome to my site about my Naturally Reared Carolina Dogs! Carolina Dogs are a relatively new, rare breed recognized by the UKC, AKC-FSS & ARBA, and are quite possibly America's own indigenous wild dog. CDs make wonderful companions, athletes, hunters, and bedwarmers! Natural Rearing is the philosophy wherein we raise our dogs and puppies by following the 8 Laws of Health, employing Biologically Appropriate Raw Food and no toxic chemicals on, in or around our dogs. We have found this way of life fosters balance, health and longevity in our beloved companions. For our puppies, we welcome homes that have a very similar philosophy about dog rearing, or wish to learn. Check us out, follow us and share us in other places!!! YouTube@ Susan NaturesWayCarolina Dogs NaturesWayPets and FaceBook @ https://www.facebook.com/mycarolinadog on Twitter @https://twitter.com/NaturesWayCDs Thank you so much for visiting our site, feel free to leave us a comment or send us an email! firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Help rescue a part of American History
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Romeo & Juliet are safe! See this page for updates on them in their new home! https://www.facebook.com/groups/ORCDT/ReplyDelete