- Puppy Application
- Interested in a Puppy or Dog?
- About Susan & Nature's Way Carolina Dogs
- Naturally Rearing Puppies, Conception to 8 Weeks of Age
- Healthy Wild - Carolina Dogs as God Intended
- LINKS PAGE for Carolina Dogs and Natural Rearing Topics
- Natural Rearing- Food
- Natural Rearing- Vaccination Protocol
- Natural Rearing- Veterinary Care
- Diatomaceous Earth
- Switching Your Kibble-Fed Dog Over to a Healthy Raw Diet
About Nature's Way Carolina Dogs
- Susan Lewelling, Nature's Way Carolina Dogs
- Seymour, Tennessee, United States
- Welcome to our site about Naturally Reared Carolina Dogs! Carolina Dogs are a relatively new, rare breed recognized by the UKC & ARBA, and are quite possibly America's own indigenous wild dog. CDs make wonderful companions, athletes, hunters, and bedwarmers! Natural Rearing is the philosophy wherein we raise our dogs and puppies by following the 8 Laws of Health, employing Biologically Appropriate Raw Food and no toxic chemicals on, in or around our dogs. We have found this way of life fosters balance, health and longevity in our beloved companions and for our puppies, we welcome homes that have a very similar philosophy about dog rearing, or wish to learn. Check us out, follow us and share us in other places!!! YouTube@ "Susan NaturesWayCarolina Dogs NaturesWayPets" and FaceBook @ https://www.facebook.com/mycarolinadog on Twitter @https://twitter.com/NaturesWayCDs Thank you so much for visiting our site, feel free to leave us a comment or send us an email! email@example.com or text 865-293-2858
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
AVMA Policy to Discourage Raw Feeding... Common Sense?
AVMA voted in a new policy that strongly discourages anyone from feeding their pets a RAW meat diet, based upon the possibility of Salmonella contamination.
Please consider the following:
1. "Pet owners have been feeding raw diets to their dogs and cats for decades, yet to date, not one documented case of raw pet food causing illness in humans has been reported. Not one." *Dr Becker Article
2. "To date, there have been no published reports of salmonellosis occurring in dogs as a result of exposure to natural pet treats.” *Dr Becker Article
3. the MANY recent RECALLS of processed pet foods & treats, for SALMONELLA CONTAMINATION (as well as other reasons such as other pathogens, mold, toxic additives, etc) as recently as yesterday! see: Dog Food Recall- Salmonella
4. There are board members of the AVMA that are also board members of big kibble companies... conflict of interest there? I think so!
In light of this, many vets are going to wonder why more & more people do not trust their recommendations and the AVMA's recommendations, as we pet owners use our common sense and start to realize what is happening here, as we begin to do our own research and choose more natural products and ways of caring for our pets!
Thank you Dr Karen Becker for once again telling the truth clearly & concisely! Dr Becker Article